Flexys are looking for smart and dedicated people to join our team. We're a growing business and want to work with people who are keen to help us establish a culture that values creativity, learning and continual improvement. We can offer variety, autonomy and flexibility in a relaxed and positive working environment with minimal bureaucracy. You will get the chance to influence the business and share in our success.
Providing value for our clients is the focus of what we do but we recognise we can do that more effectively by doing things right so we invest in our people, tools, and practises sensibly. We care about diversity and personal growth because we want our team to be happy and motivated. At Flexys you'll be able to get things done, the right way.
Sound interesting? We have a couple of specific openings described here but we're always happy to hear from people who would like be involved and feel they can contribute.
We're based at Future Space which is a modern, comfortable space for tech companies to grow, easily accessible by public transport or by road. There are several different on-site cafes and shops, a variety of breakout options and there are shower and changing facilities for cyclists and runners.
We provide the usual things you'd expect - standing desks, supportive chairs, high quality screens, tea, coffee and the obligatory beer fridge. For hardware you can bring your own device, buy one on the company or we'll take care of it if you prefer.
Although we're not hiring wholly remote workers at this early stage we can offer good flexibility, if there are days when you need to work from elsewhere or varying your time of day suits you better that's no problem.
For all roles, experience of any of the following would be relevant.
- Financial services, utilities and/or telco domains
- Debt management/collections environment
- Early stage start ups
Drop us a line and tell us about yourself. We're interested in what you can do and how you think, so try and demonstrate that as best you can. Tell us about things you're particularly proud of, things you'd do differently, and don't forget why! Feel free to include any links to public profiles and or portfolios that give us some insight.
For technical roles we'll probably ask you to do a mini project (we're aiming for a couple of hours) under your own steam that we can take a look at. We'll then invite you to come and meet us and collaborate. We don't do contrived whiteboard coding exercises or expect you to memorise everything a compiler or decent tools tell you for free, we're interested in what you can do in a realistic scenario with the right tools and a supportive team.
We'll respond to everybody that applies as it's the polite and decent thing to do and we'll give you as much feedback as we reasonably can. Some things should go without saying (but we'll say them anyway):
- You must be eligible to work in the UK, we are unable to sponsor visas presently.
- We would like a diverse team and to that end we will actively encourage applications from groups that are typically under represented in our industry.
- We hire solely on merit and we don't discriminate on any other basis.
- We will keep your application confidential and if you provide references we won't contact them without your prior consent.
At this time we're not interested in hearing from agents, please only contact us if you're applying directly.
We would like to hear from great Project Managers who have experience of managing enterprise software delivery in an Agile environment. The kind of profile we’re looking for will include:
- Solid Project Manager background, ideally from a Financial, Technology or FinTech organisation. Collections or Debt Management product experience would be ideal.
- A track record of delivering complex, multi-party, enterprise level solutions on time and to budget.
- Must be a strategic thinker who’s not afraid to get stuck into day to day tasks.
- A passion for building client relationships from sales to delivery / final implementation.
- Demonstrable experience of Agile principles, and working directly within an Agile environment (but with the ability to adapt to client methodologies, including waterfall)
- Outstanding communications and ability to build and manage relationship with Clients, Senior Stakeholders and the wider Business, even when the going gets tough!
- Experience of working within a fast-paced environment, high pressure, delivery and service focused business
We want to hear from Project Managers who are passionate about what they do and who want to be part of a high-performing, collaborative team
We are looking for people to expand the core of our product team. We'd like them to have an interest in and some experience of functional and reactive programming as we're building highly responsive and scalable applications. This might be demonstrated by anything from some open source contributions and hobby projects to long years of industrial experience - what is most important to us is the drive to learn and improve.
Our current server side tech stack includes Scala, Akka and Cassandra so familiarity with those and with the JVM is a big help. We use the tools you'd probably expect - Git, Concourse, Docker and others. We're always open to new things and you will be able to influence where we go and how we get there.
You'll spend the majority of your time building the core product platform, building new microservices, designing APIs and improving performance and reliability. Sometimes you'll work on features or custom integration directly with clients, and sometimes on internal tools. At all times you'll have a lot of freedom in design and influence over the platform architecture.